Wednesday, February 29, 2012

T - 2 Days

Well, our adventures in Guatemala are now coming to an end. We have one day left here until we leave early Friday morning to return to Canada, school and life "as usual". Though I have to wonder how many of us are going to go back to being the same as we were before. Guatemala certainly has left its mark on me, in more ways than one. And I mean that literally as well as metaphorically and our trip to Volcan de Pacaya about a month ago has left me scarred. In the past two weeks, we have experienced a great deal of things that were new to us, as the first year students were sent out to do our practicum and experience intercultural ministry first hand, the ups and the downs. We have all learned numerous lessons, many of which cannot be accounted for through a blog; personal lessons of growth, community, and much, much more. I know that I will not be able to accurately express all of what I have learned, even if I were to sit down and talk for a few days straight.

I am looking forward to returning home and seeing where God brings me next, what lies ahead and how I can apply the things I have learned here to life back in Canada. I hope and pray that I will not return the same person, or that I will go back to the same life, but that the changes in me that have occurred in the last two months would rather be permanent and would have a never ending effect on my life. This is but a brief update, that really gives no insight into the happenings of recent times, but I will one day sit down with whoever wants to listen and give an account of just how life changing two months in a foreign country can be. God bless you all and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment